- We are specialists in transporting and exporting all types of Vehicles, Commercial trucks, vehicles of Special Interest and other RORO Heavy Cargo & Machinery.
- Our experienced team offers you our extensive industry knowledge and the personal approach which understands your expectations and delivers your vehicle in the most efficient way through our ONE-STOP-SHOP Package from Japan to New Zealand.
- Providing you Import and Export services with Australia, UK, Singapore, USA and many other countries.
- We provide a quotation and have your cargo handled with our assurance that all documentation and care is taken during shipment.
RORO and Container Freight Service
- Direct RORO sailings from several main Japan ports, fast transit and constant monitoring of each consignment through to final destination.
- Weekly containerised service to all main NZ Ports.
- We provide Freight Arrival Notice prior to ship arrival, so that you are assured of vehicle arrival date and information.
- Jacanna Customs & Freight, work in partnership with Japan Forwarding Agency (JFA), to offer a twice monthly service on Mitsui O.S.K Line (M.O.L). Our service offered, includes the following Terminal Receiving System Service and Benefits for you, the importer in New Zealand.
Japan to New Zealand Vehicle Services:
- Customs Clearance both in Japan and NZ
- Free Vehicle Photo Service (VPS)
- Free Odometer Inspection
- MPI Biosecurity Inspection & Cleaning
- NZTA Border Inspection
- Free Storage in Japan
- Transportation for Metro Area’s in NZ (for inland area’s please contact us)
- Compliance Service is available in Auckland only, Optional service.
- Marine Insurance full cover from place of purchase to first point of rest in NZ
: Inner Cargo is specifically excluded under this policy wording ‘inner cargo’ being defined as any item being placed in the vehicle for the purpose of storage during transit.
Marine Cargo cover in brief
As an Importer of vehicles you know the risks. Jacanna make it easy and have an automatic insurance cover. You get specialist Insurance cover for your imported vehicles at no cost to you.
Your investment is covered
Along with Crombie Lockwood and the insurers Vero, Jacanna have tailored this Insurance product to meet the specific needs of vehicle importers.
The cover will protect your vehicles from the following and more.
Fire – pilfering – stranding – general average – mishandling – theft – earthquake – sinking – collision (whilst driven incidental to loading and unloading).
For your convenience to lodge a claim complete a claim form which can be found in the documents section of the website
N.B: $250.00 policy excess applies to all claims to be paid by the importer
- Marine Insurance cover terminates in the following circumstances (Whichever occurs first):
- 30 days after discharge from the vessel
- Delivery to the importers premises, or premises described in the Bill of Lading
- Delivery to other commercial premises instructed by the insured
- When the vehicle is driven under its own power – except when incidental to the loading & unloading.
Exclusions – Principle exclusions include
- Delay causing loss of market
- Pre-existing damage
- Inner cargo
- Damage caused while the vehicle is being driven (unless being driven incidental to loading and unloading)
- Vehicles over NZ$40,000 CIF +10% value are not covered above this limit and require separate insurance arrangements.
The above information has been provided for general information purposes only. Please refer to the policy document for full details of the policy terms, conditions, and exclusions.
A profile on our insurance partner Crombie Lockwood
At Crombie Lockwood we operate on the simple but demanding premise that your livelihood is our responsibility and we take that very seriously. Our experience with vehicle importing protection gives as a deep understanding of your requirements which enables us to provide the best cover for your needs and deliver efficient claim settlements.
Crombie Lockwood has been providing natural cover to New Zealanders since 1978. We are the largest insurance broking company by premium volume in New Zealand
Transport from Port of Discharge:
With authorised transport operators through our extensive network of personally selected nationwide transport agents, who ensure timely delivery to customer’s destination i.e. Compliance centre.
Importing Private vehicles to NZ NZCS Fact Sheet
We can arrange the collection and shipping of your vehicle to main city destinations, worldwide. Shipment is via Roll On-Roll Off or Container Shipping. Ask us to quote on your vehicle.